Earn AKC Trick Dog titles from the comfort of home!
Testing for AKC Trick Dog titles can be done completely online via video submission.
Complete the process outlined below.
- Review the requirements and test items at https://www.akc.org/sports/trick-dog/.
- Teach your dog tricks at home.
- Make a video of you and your dog successfully completing the required tricks.
- Text the video to AKC Evaluator Lara Mahr at (269) 767-6080. Contact Lara if you prefer use a different platform or setup an evaluation via Zoom.
- Send the $12 video review fee using PayPal.
- After reviewing your video, Lara will send the required forms to you. She will also send copies of the forms to the AKC.
Online Video Review Fee
The $12 fee is paid to the AKC CGC Evaluator to review your video. Please note the AKC charges additional fees to process your title.
Frequently Asked Questions About Video Evaluations
Does my dog need to be registered with the AKC?
My dog has already earned the AKC CGC title…does that help me in earning the Trick Dog Novice (TKN) title?
Yes. Dogs that have earned the CGC title are only required to complete 5 tricks instead of 10.
How do I film my video?
You can use a smartphone or camera with recording capabilities. The test items can be filmed in a continuous video or in several smaller clips.
How long does the video review process take?
The video evaluation is completed within 2 business days.